The Bay Monitor Buoy is a small, robust, easily deployed shallow water data buoy that delivers the highest quality data set, and dramatically lowers operating and support costs.Using premium instrumentation with the highest initial accuracy and long-term stability means fewer service visits to the buoy. When service is required, technicians can service the buoy from a small boat without lifting capability,and access all sensors without diving or pulling the mooring
- Solid closed-cell polyethylene foam encapsulated in a thick UV resistant polyurea skin.
- Thru-hull instrument deployment provides topside access.
- A modular integrated weather station (Vaisala WXT520).
- Oceanographic and water quality sensors (WET Labs WQM, Nortek Aquadopp Profiler, Sea-Bird Inductive Modem MicroCATs).
- Low-power buoy controller manages sensor data acquisition, storage and transmission, and monitoring of battery and solar charging.