The ECO Sheave is an economical, high-quality overboarding sheave designed for use with small diameter electro-mechanical cable, wire rope, or synthetic line. It is intended for use with small to medium sized oceanographic, water quality hydrographic, or geophysical instrumentation; including CTD’s, water samplers, plankton nets, and bottom grab samplers. It is appropriate in applications supported by SOSI’s ECO line of winches and instrument handling systems. The ECO Sheave is constructed of stainless steel and has a Delrin® sheave with marine grade bearings, including a sealed roller bearing option. The sheave is available with multiple groove options as well as diameters to accommodate common instrumentation cables.
- Stainless steel structure.
- Delrin® sheave.
- Grooved for specific cable diameter.
- Stainless steel hardware.
- Marine grade.
- Grooves: 1/8”, 5/32”, 4mm, 1/4”, 0.322”.
- Fairlead cable keeper.
- Sealed roller bearings.
- 8 in., 10 in. or 12 in. configuration.
- 500 lb. or 2,000 lb. safe working load.
- Custom groove diameters available.