The SOSI MPW Series Multi-Purpose Winches (MPWs) are engineered for medium line-pull operations in a variety ofapplications. The MPW series winches are designed to meet the UNOLS fl eet deck mounting pattern—making them portable and easy to install on your vessel or vessels of opportunity. MPW’s quality, open-frame steel construction and proven components provide reliable operation while their 3-coat powder fi nish provides long life even in the harshest marine environments. These winches comply with the USGC 46 CFR 189.35-9 requirements for line breaking strengths up to 11,000 lb.
- Integral electro-hydraulic power unit.
- Variable speed control.
- Computer-controlled driven levelwind with override.
- Integral hydraulic fail safe brake.
- Electronic local control station.
- Stainless piping & fittings.
- +/- 10° Horizontal, 0 to +30° (above horizontal) vertical cable fleet angles.
- Slip ring assembly.
- Electronic remote control.
- Manual brake.
- Line speed, payout, & tension lebus grooved drum shell.
- Hydraulic reservoir heater.
- Hydraulic air/oil cooler.
General oceanographic, UNOLS, CTDs, water samplers, instramentation, towed bodies, plankton nets, small seafloor samplers, sidescan sonar, magnatometers, drop cameras, water column profiling
|Horsepower||Line Size (Diameter)||Length of Cable||Line Pull (Bare Drum)||Line Speed (Bare Drum)|